A DRIVER narrowly avoided a horror road smash when his mobile phone caught alight and filled his car with choking, acrid smoke.

Ciaron Jackson said his Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, which was placed in a central console, reached searing temperatures as he drove along the dual carriageway.

 Ciaron Jackson said his Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge burst into flames while he was driving

News Group Newspapers Ltd

Ciaron Jackson said his Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge burst into flames while he was driving
 The burnt phone was picked up by Samsung to investigate

News Group Newspapers Ltd

The burnt phone was picked up by Samsung to investigate

Terrified Ciaron said he was forced to toss the smoking handset out of the window as thick, eye-watering fumes engulfed the inside of his motor.

The phone left painful burns on his hand, but the 28-year-old said he counted himself lucky as he usually keeps his mobile in his pocket while driving.

He said: “I was driving on my way to work on the dual carriageway, doing 50mph, when my car filled with thick, white chemical smelling smoke.

“It was my Samsung Galaxy that was smoking – to the point where it’s melted my bank cards.

“I had to throw the phone out of the window.

“It’s lucky my wife and child were not in the car.”

 Ciaron burnt his hand tossing the phone out of the car window

News Group Newspapers Ltd

Ciaron burnt his hand tossing the phone out of the car window

Amazingly, Ciaron, from Bridgend, South Wales, only suffered excruciating scorch marks to his fingers in the terrifying brush with death on September 7.

He was travelling along the A473 in rush hour traffic on his way to work at a loans firm in Cardiff.

The married father, who has a five-year-old son, said he had only owned the handset for about nine months.

When he returned to the spot where he threw it out of his car, chillingly, all that was left of the smartphone was a melted, black plastic mess.

He added: “If that was in my pocket – I normally carry the phone in my pocket – it could have been a different story.”

Ciaron said he complained to Samsung and the Korean electronics firm arranged for a courier to collect the destroyed gadget.

A spokesperson for Samsung said: “There are no known issues with the Galaxy S7 edge. Samsung stands behind the quality and safety of the millions of Galaxy S7 family phones in the market.

“Until Samsung is able to examine any device, it is impossible to determine the true cause of any incident.

“Customer safety remains our highest priority and we will work with any customer who has experienced an issue with a Samsung product in order to investigate the matter.

“We have provided a replacement device as a gesture of goodwill and we are examining the customer’s device that we have now obtained.”

Samsung files patent for a mobile phone with a foldable SCREEN


We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368 . We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.’


Let’s block ads! (Why?)


Source link

Load More By admin
Load More In Mobile

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Check Also

Walmart 'Cyber Monday' 2017: Early iPhone, iPad, PS4, Xbox, HDTV Deals

Walmart Black Friday delivered some major doorbusters and it had the best Apple iPhone and…